Looking for something fun to do near Nahunta, Hortense, Brantley County, Georgia?
Heavenly Acres Arena & Restaurant is rodeo the way it was meant to be. In our 47,000 square foot all-weather rodeo arena, you’ll find shade from the sun and shelter from the rain so you and your family can have the time of your lives regardless of the weather.
Enjoy a fantastic meal at affordable prices in air-conditioned comfort and have some of the best steaks, hamburgers, BBQ, catfish or shrimp you’ll find near Nahunta, Hortense and Brantley County.
Located in Screven, Georgia, Heavenly Acres Arena & Restaurant is less than an hour’s drive from Nahunta, Hortense and Brantley County. [map]
Heavenly Acres rodeo features the best rodeo near Nahunta, Hortense and Brantley County!
- Barrel Racing - Barrel racing requires the rider and the horse to work closely together. The event shows how well the horse can maneuver and how well the rider can guide their horse. The outcome depends on how well the two work together and the experience and effort they have put into their training. Barrel racing may look easy, but success depends on lots of training and practice between horse and rider.
- Bull Riding - Bull riding is fun and entertaining to watch. There is only a rope wrapped around the hand to hold on to. You can not touch the bull or anything with your free hand. The time to make is a full 8 seconds. Some get thrown off fairly soon while some can stay on the 8 seconds.
- Calf Roping - Compete to see who can lasso a calf and tie it up in the least amount of time. As the calves are released into the arena, the contestant, on horseback, catches the calf as quickly as he can.
- Chute Dogging – Related to steer wrestling where the steer used weighs between 400 and 500 lbs. However, the contestant begins the event in a chute with the steer instead of on horseback. After the chute opens, the contestant must bring the steer to a line ten feet from the chute and wrestle (or “dog”) the steer to the ground.
- Mutton Busting - Adventure for your future bull rider, Mutton Bustin’ is a favorite. We are absolutely a family friendly place, and we know you and your youngsters will have a great time.
Heavenly Acres Arena & Restaurant provides a family-friendly, alcohol-free atmosphere close by Nahunta, Hortense and Brantley County where you and your family will have the time of their lives while enjoying ones of the most rapidly growing sports in the world.